Frequently Asked

Below, please find our most frequently asked questions. If you have any additional questions, comments or concerts, don’t hesitate to contact us directly at

When must staff members arrive in camp at the start of the summer?

A: All staff members are required to attend the staff orientation which takes place before camp begins. For this year’s dates, please see the Important Dates page.

The staff orientation is mandatory because it is important! That is when you will learn about the vision and philosophy of Camp HASC; it is when you will learn about your schedule, the campus, and your responsibilities; it is when you will receive crucial training needed to properly care for your campers and when you’ll meet and bond with your fellow staff members and supervisors.

Can I bring a car to camp?

Staff members who are 19 years or older may bring a car to camp.

Is the camp accessible by public transportation?

Yes.  There are several bus companies who provide service directly to the town of Liberty, Parksville and even to the front gate of Camp HASC itself.  You can visit the websites of the “Excellent Bus Service” and “Coach USA” for details and schedules.

What opportunities are there for me to continue my Yeshiva/Seminary style learning during the summer?

We are proud of our very busy Camp HASC Beis Medrash.  Every night, there are shiurim and chaburot as well as many staff members dedicating their free time to learn b’chavrusa or on their own.  We have prominent rabbanim, roshei yeshiva and community leaders visiting and speaking all the time, and we run many kumsitz, oneg and melave malka programs throughout the summer.  We also boast the Kollel Toras Chesed – a group of young talmidei chachamim (all of whom are veteran staff members!) learning in our beis medrash and keeping the kol torah strong all day and night.

I have special dietary requirements. Can camp accommodate my needs?

Of course! We have a full time dietician and a special diet team who will provide any staff member with his or her dietary needs, no matter what the restriction, allergy or medical concern.

I am not an American citizen. Can I still work in camp?

Yes. You will need to arrange the appropriate visa before the pre summer deadline as well as Social Security number after arriving in the USA.  Please contact for more information about how you can get started on that process.  Please be aware – there are significant costs associated with applying for visas that fall upon applicants to pay.

Still have questions?

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions.

Ready to Change Lives?

Your support allows Camp HASC to offer a life-changing summer to hundreds of campers.